My husband and I are the Food Critics behind Feasts & Spirits. Our blog is 100% sponsored based. We have worked hard to connect ourselves with the foodie community over the past few years. We provide feedback from the average consumer’s perspective. We love to support all businesses. We have our own private tastings, restaurant and event hostings, compete in food competitions, traveling to so many fun places, and creating friendships along the way.
Want to be seen on our blog? Send us a gift card. We travel throughout N.C. and it will ensure getting your establishment on one of our next road trips. We blog in real time across all platforms.
Send us your products!
You can see if your establishment stands up to our expectations. We will continue to provide our readers with our honest opinions.
Like what we do? Drop us a note and tell us!
- N.C State FairWe have been excited for the return of the NC State Fair for some time now. After a year off of a longstanding tradition, we were able to get back to one of our favorite food events of the year. We’ve been privileged enough to enjoy multiple dimensions of the food scene through our blog, … Read More about N.C State Fair
- Bella Italia RistoranteWe recently had a great time getting hosted at one of our previous favorite neighborhood spots. Bella Italia is a long time staple in North Raleigh off of Durant Road. They have a great setup for private or group dining as well as a recently updated patio, which gives a nice private backdrop for North … Read More about Bella Italia Ristorante
- Cristo’s PizzaCristo’s Raleigh 2/13/2021 Our blog has been laying low over the past year as the country has worked through a pandemic. Our passion for food has continued as we explore growing and creating our own food creations on our farm. We have still been dying to see some of the great food concepts n the … Read More about Cristo’s Pizza
- Venice Italian Kitchen- Atlantic Beach 6/22/19Venice Italian Kitchen – Atlantic Beach, NC June 22,2019 We had an opportunity to check out a great spot in Atlantic Beach. We were invited by the owner, Orlando, to visit his restaurant and see what makes his place so special. We were unsure what to expect, knowing many Italian restaurants at the beach can … Read More about Venice Italian Kitchen- Atlantic Beach 6/22/19
- White Swan BBQ 2/10/19White Swan is an experience we didn’t see coming. We linked up with them at the State Fair and finally had a chance to try out a true original. Barbeque is a serious word in Johnston County North Carolina and you will get a true authentic experience at White Swan. Barbeque is much more than … Read More about White Swan BBQ 2/10/19
- The Redneck BBQ Lab 1/31/19We were not sure what to expect when we went to the Redneck BBQ Lab in Benson. They’re located right off highway 40 and are worth a drive for anyone. We loved the look as we pulled up. They’re connected to a gas station but have a great country vibe. Cars were already lined up … Read More about The Redneck BBQ Lab 1/31/19
- Preacher’s Smokehouse – Pigeon Forge, TN 1/26/19Preacher’s Smokehouse has a great authentic barbeque vibe as soon as you pull up. There is the barbeque stand itself which is one of a kind. It was built for a walk up and order. There is also a dining hall set up and a barn on their property. Picnic tables serve the public well … Read More about Preacher’s Smokehouse – Pigeon Forge, TN 1/26/19
- Local Goat – Pigeon Forge, TN 1/25/19We drove the strip from Pigeon Forge through Gatlinburg upon our arrival for this trip. It was the off season, on a weekday and many places were at well below their average crowd. We immediately noticed that this was not so for the Local Goat. We saw this a few times in passing, all with … Read More about Local Goat – Pigeon Forge, TN 1/25/19
- Ripley’s Attractions- Gatlinburg, TN 1/25/19-1/26/19One thing that made our trip so great was getting hosted at three of the Ripley’s attractions the area. We were able to experience Ripley’s Aquarium, Guinness Book of World Records, and Ripley’s Believe it or not Odditorium. All three were great attractions in their own right and offer a good time to all ages. … Read More about Ripley’s Attractions- Gatlinburg, TN 1/25/19-1/26/19
- Pop Pop’s Fudge Shop – Pigeon Forge, TN 1/25/19We had a really great experience getting to learn what Pop Pop’s fudge shop was all about. Pop Pop is very dedicated to hand crafted, 100% home-made quality fudge. His recipe is over 100 years old and has definitely withstood the test of time. The shop’s set up is great for seeing the product made … Read More about Pop Pop’s Fudge Shop – Pigeon Forge, TN 1/25/19