5 pieces bacon
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1 pound clam meat
32 ounce chicken broth
6 cups milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tbs paprika
1 tbs salt
1 tbs pepper
2 bay leaves
5 russet potatoes cleaned and diced
1 bunch of fresh thyme
2 tbs franks red hot sauce
2 tbs olive oil
- Turn oven on 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay 5 pieces of bacon on cookie tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until brown and crispy. Let cool. Chop finely.
- You will need at least a 6 qt pot for this soup. Add 2 tbs olive oil, chopped bacon, 1/2 cup finely diced onion and 1/2 cup carrots to pot on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add 1 tbs paprika, 1 tbs salt, 1 tbs pepper, 2 bay leaves and the bunch of thyme (destalked, just the leaves) to the pot. Stir all ingredients.
- Add 2 tbs franks red hot sauce, 6 cups milk, 1/2 cup whipping cream and one 2 lb (32 ounce) chicken broth to the pot. Stir.
- Add the clams and finely diced potatoes to the pot. Cook on medium for about 30 minutes. Checking and stirring frequently.
- Turn to a medium low heat and cook for another 20-25 minutes ( stirring every 10 minutes or so. ) until potatoes are soft.
If your posting on social media, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag #tiffystasties, I would love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen! 🙂
Leave a Reply