Nacho Beef Empanadas, YUM!!! My sister (@theeroseydarcelle) and I created this oooey gooey cheesy recipe.
one pound fresh hamburger beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
4 ounces of room temperature cream cheese
2 ounces of shredded Mexican cheese
Quaker’s Harina Preparada
1/2 cup finely diced onions
- Please follow the directions on the back of the Quaker’s Harina Preparada bag. The instructions on the bag leave the masa a little sticky to my liking so I add an extra 1/4 cup of flour until dough is firm and soft. Place masa into bowl. Cover with paper towel. Place near stove to rise.
- Cook the beef and onions until fully cooked. Remove from heat and drain grease.
- In a separate bowl, add 3/4 cup water and the taco seasoning packet. Stir until blended. Set aside.
- Add the meat mixture and taco seasoning water together in a pan on simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes or until seasoning water has disappeared. Pour into a clean bowl.
- Add the room temperature cream cheese and shredded Mexican cheese into the meat mixture. Stir until blended and set aside.
- Grab a small glass of water.
- Masa dough needs to be soft when you push it with your finger but does not stick to your finger. The more you knead, the softer the dough. Let rest for 20 minutes. Clean a space big enough to roll out your masa dough. Sprinkle Harina Preparada onto your clean space. Knead dough for one minute.
- Place dough to the side. Pull off a quarter size ball. Roll out the ball.
- Put two spoonful’s of the meat mixture near the bottom of the dough. Leave enough space to close.
- Use your finger and place water gently around the seal. Fold the top layer onto the bottom mixture. use fingers to gently press the pieces together. Use a clean fork to gently press down to create a seal. Fork the top of the empanadas twice. Drop into grease.
- Grab a few paper towels and place into a clean bowl. Cook empanadas for about 5 minutes or until fully brown. Gently remove from hot grease and place into bowl with paper towels.
- Repeat steps 8-11 until all filling is used.
Post this recipe on social media and use our hashtag #TwoPsEats!! Drop us a comment and let us know what you think of our recipe. 🙂
Leave a Reply