refrigerated pie crust (if you like a thicker crust, use pizza dough)
two eggplant finely sliced
four large heirloom tomatoes sliced
8 oz cherry tomatoes sliced in half
8 ounces goat cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
one finely diced green pepper
2 tbs dried onion
1 handful of basil
- Basil Pesto
2 bushels fresh basil leaves
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil or avocado oil
This recipe makes for one large pie. Can cut recipe in half.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray your baking dish.
- Roll out your pie crust to the size of your dish.
- In a separate bowl, crack the eggs, add milk, salt and pepper and put to the side. (You can also add the finely diced green peppers and dried onion to the egg mixture or sprinkle on the next step based on your preference) I like to add it on the next step 🙂
- We will start with layering the dish. Start with your finely sliced eggplant. Next is your sliced goat cheese. Sprinkle the finely diced green peppers and dried onion. Layer the basil. Finally, layer the heirloom tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture over top and pop into the oven for 30 minutes or until fully baked.
- The pesto is optional and I added for the recipe above. Combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor. Cut a nice slice of pie and drizzle over top.
If you make this pie and post on social media, tag me #tiffystasties. You can also drop a picture or a comment. 🙂
Leave a Reply