A refreshing CRISP broccoli salad that serves great as an easy to make side dish for any occasion. You too can make this delicious side dish in under 15 minutes.
2 large heads of broccoli- about 10 cups
1/2 cup red onion
1/2 cup real bacon bits
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 cup thick shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup fresh parsley
3/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
tbsp lemon juice
tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- Cut the stems of the broccoli and finely chop to your liking (if I know children will be in attendance, I tend to cut the broccoli smaller than I would at an all adult affair).
- Finely dice 1/3 cup red onion and 1/3 cup fresh parsley(if you can’t find any fresh parsley, do not substitute)
- Shred 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine the above ingredients with the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing in a separate bowl.
- Combine the dressing and dry ingredients. Stirring until all are evenly coated.
- SERVE AND ENJOY!
- Like an extra sweetness? Add an extra cup of raisins or dried cranberries.You can substitute sunflower seeds with pepitas for a different combination.
- Add finely diced jalapenos for a kick!
- This recipe makes about 12 servings which is one HEALTHFUL cup per person.
Leave a Reply